Friday, January 18, 2013

An update... Back to school

   Well it has been a very long time since I posted anything on this site.  In Sept 2011, I returned to school full time, working on an Undergraduate Degree in Psychology combined with Visual Arts.  As you can well imagine, that took some getting use to.  I think it had been about 26 years since I had been in that environment.  I have to say that I love it!! Besides, as long as I don't look in the mirror, spending time with young adults makes me think I'm 20 again!  How good is that?? 
   Brock University is a wonderful place.  I enjoy the warm, friendly campus and the professors have been wonderful.  It's interesting to be experiencing two different departments while I am there.  Both are very different but very enjoyable.  I have spent more time in the Visual Art department so far, mainly because the first year PSYC students can only take one course which is a pre-requisite to all the other PSYC courses.  That left me with lots of time to spend in studio classes. 
I don't have much time for quilting these days but I thought you might like to see some of my art work that I have created in my studio classes.  I have taken drawing, painting and digital art classes.    


 This contemporary painting was a great way to learn several techniques.  
I enjoyed this type of work.  It is quite large!  48" x 60"

In drawing class we had to draw either an eye, nose or mouth.  This is my eye!




These four drawings are a series in a face transformation.  
My daughter Emily is my world!

My final drawing project was lots of fun.... 
The decorative architectural detailing is something I have always loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment