Friday, July 1, 2011

It starts with just one girl....


I have been thinking a lot lately that I'd like to choose a charity
and get involved with fund raising and volunteering.
There are so many charities that have such good causes
and it has been difficult for me to decide where to get involved.
I thought about cancer because I lost my mom
and my daughter lost both of her Grandmothers to cancer.

And then I saw the commercial on TV
for this non-profit organization called
They are a charity that supports girls and women
that are in less fortunate situations
than we experience here in Canada.

Girls have the right to be educated, the right to be fed,
the right to be safe and their rights are human rights.

believes that although girls are often the poorest of the poor,
investing in them is the key to eliminating poverty.

Empower a girl and she'll change the world!

When a girl is educated, nourished and protected,
she shares her knowledge with her family and community
and can forever change the future of a nation.

Want to join me?
Visit the "Because I am a Girl" web site to learn more
and watch for more posts about my plans to do my part.

(I will continue to make donations to charities
that support cancer research and provide family support)

4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous charity to choose!! I will definitely keep my eyes on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, Just found your blog. I love your work!!
    Were can I order your "Words to Live By" pattern?
    I HAVE to make it.....
    What a wonderful charity choice.
    Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just joined your blog.
    Great charity choice. Quilters are best when it comes to helping out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Nancy...where have you been..? What are you up to now..? missing you..

    ReplyDelete