Well, I joined an ambitious group of quilt bloggers called the Charming Girls Quilt Club. I'm waiting for the HTML code so that I can post a button for you to link to their blog easily but for now, you can find it in My Blog List. I'm hoping this group will help keep me motivated and on track.
I am to post my goals for the months of September and October so here they are:
Quilting Related Goals
1. Design and write the pattern for the Fall Shop Hop Quilt - Every year the shops in our area host a shop hop. One of the giveaways that every visitor to each shop receives, is a free pattern that is an original design. I love to create new patterns, so I'm quick to volunteer! This year's quilt features the fabrics from "Makin New Friends" by Deb Strain for Moda. Here's a sneak peak...
2. To complete Lovebird Lane. I started this quilt in March. All the blocks are done and I'm tackling the border now. There's lots of little pieces but it's adorable :-)
3. Move and organize my sewing room. My daughter decided she wanted to move her bedroom to the lower level of the house. She's got a pretty nice set up with an ensuite bath. That leaves her bedroom for my new sewing room! The only thing is...it is storage right at the moment. The walls are a gorgeous chocolate brown, which I absolutely love but it soaks up every bit of light in the room, so a re-paint is in order too. Did I tell you I hate painting? Hummmm.... What colour should I go with? I love so many...
4. Go through all those containers that are pictured above and get rid of everything that I don't need.
Right now, I sew in the family room.... Here is where I work... I want a real work space and a design wall!
Non Quilting Related Goals:
1. Sign up for my night school class
2. Apply to Niagara College for full time studies in the New Media Web Design program starting in January
3. Apply for OSAP and any other funding that I can find for an old girl like me to go back to school!
4. Post a new blog at least once a week
Ok, there they are... in black and white! Isn't that suppose to make them more likely to achieve? I hope so. Come back in Nov to see how I made out. All I can say is...I'm glad there are 31 days in Oct!
Best wishes to all the Charming Girls Quilt Club members. May we all complete everything on our lists!
One more thing, it is so hard to believe that it was 9 years ago today the skyline of NYC was changed forever. To all those who lost family members that day, I am thinking about you.
And to those brave men and women in emergency services, your efforts will never be forgotten.